"For me, being a therapist is a calling; I feel privileged to walk alongside people as they move toward health and healing!"
I believe that we are created for community and connection with others, and that we all long to feel a sense of belonging. What often gets in the way of us experiencing this deep longing and desire is the hurt and pain that we experience in relationships, along with feelings of shame that we try to hide from others. What I love about therapy is that it provides the opportunity to foster a new relational experience that feels safe, secure, and attuning while simultaneously challenging us toward growth and change. I decided to become a therapist because I have personally experienced the benefits of therapy, and I wanted to learn how to help people in some of the ways that I had received help and care. As an added bonus, I am passionate about helping people become the best version of themselves. I would love to partner with you on your journey to healing, growth, and freedom!
- LMFT, Missouri (Licensed Marital and Family Therapist)
Additional Training and Experience
- Associate Marriage & Family Therapist, Legacy Strategy (Kennesaw, GA)
- Staff Intern Therapist, Summit Counseling Center (Johns Creek, GA)
- Intern Therapist, HOPE Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Thesis: Mindfulness Enhanced Couple Therapy: Incorporating Mindfulness Meditation with Interpersonal Couple Therapy. Supervisors: Dr. Stephen P. Bradshaw, Dr. Timothy A. Sisemore
- Teaching Assistant: Psychopathology, Richmont Graduate University
- Teaching Assistant: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Standards in Counseling, Richmont Graduate University
- Teaching Assistant: Addictions Counseling: An Integrative Approach to Assessment, Richmont Graduate University
- Co-Leader: DBT Skills Training, Summit Counseling Center
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Georgia (1997)
- Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University (2017)
- AAMFT (American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy)
- ACA (American Counseling Association)